Hi! I’m a senior majoring in aerospace engineering at Iowa State University.
- Robotic Servicing of Geosynchronous Satellites (RSGS)
- Guidance, Navigation, & Control
- Orbital mechanics
- Software development, test automation, & continuous integration
- Reproducible Research Initiative
- Automatic Control of Flight Vehicles (graduate course, Spring 2019)
- Guidance and Navigation of Aerospace Vehicles (graduate course, Fall 2019)
- Random Signals Analysis and Kalman Filtering (graduate course, Fall 2019)
- Spacecraft Dynamics and Control (Fall 2019)
- Astrodynamics II (Fall 2019)
MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C/C++, Scaled Agile, Test Driven Development, Git, SVN, Linux
MIT Lincoln Laboratory | Lexington, MA | May 2019 - Jul. 2019
- Implemented 3 degree of freedom missile model and integrated it into an aircraft engagement simulation
- Updated aircraft models from fixed altitude in a flat Earth frame to 3-D Earth-centered Earth fixed frame
- Validated the simulation using Proportional Navigation, gravity bias, and lofting guidance schemes
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, Inc. | Cambridge, MA | Jan. 2018 - Jul. 2018
- Developed guidance computer system simulation software to meet product release milestones and performance requirements
- Compared performance and noise characteristics between a system level Simulink
sensor model and a standalone sensor MATLAB model using analytical and numerical techniques
- Integrated a system level sensor model into subsystem simulations to generate initial
system stability performance data
- Developed automated unit test and analysis scripts to verify deterministic sensor
noise models were implemented correctly
- Presented a comparison of the varying fidelity simulations and highlighted
performance impacts and their root causes to aid future decision making processes
- Participated in software development tasks which include analyzing MATLAB’s Simulink
S-Function/Sim State compliance and refactoring customer delivered C code to meet
Software Engineering Co-op
Collins Aerospace (formerly Rockwell Collins) | Cedar Rapids, IA | Jan. 2017 - Aug. 2017
- Verified functionality and DO-178B Level A compliance for 75 Simulink models
upgraded from 2007a to 2016b
- Decreased build times via script enhancements by omitting unchanged models
from the build process
- Developed graphical and logical flight display software components to meet
customer requirements on time
- Eliminated a 30 minute environment setup task to update 200 files manually by
writing a batch script
- Developed a script to parse and sort C code lint violations into CSV format
leading to increased efficiency when analyzing multiple instances of similar
Principal Financial Group | Des Moines, IA | May 2014 - Jun. 2016
- Developed software in an Agile environment to rapidly provide business
critical features and application stability
- Administrated application servers and established governance for IBM
Operational Decision Management development
- Implemented an automated build, test, and deployment pipeline to increase
efficiency during IBM ODM development
- Developed a Ruby script which decreased regression suite execution time from
90 minutes to less than 5 minutes
- Mentored an intern on Agile methodology, Java EE development, and how to
evaluate business requirements
Hardware/Software Analyst Intern
Vermeer Corporation | Pella, IA | Jan. 2017 - Aug. 2017
- Deployed IT assets and supported tier I help desk support.
Iowa State University College of Engineering | Ames, IA
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
Expected Graduation: May 2020
Des Moines Area Community College | Boone, IA
Associate of Arts Liberal Arts - Pre-Engineering w/ Honors
January 2012 - December 2014
- ISU Spaceflight Operations Workshop™ 2018
- Selected as one of twelve participants for the workshop hosted by Iowa State University
and retired astronaut Clayton Anderson.
- Utilized the True Colors® assessment and Bruce Tuckman’s team development model as a foundation to develop
leadership and effective teamwork skills in a six person crew over twelve days.
- Applied leadership and team development lessons to build a high performing team throughout stressful
activities including scuba diving, wilderness preparedness training, flight simulation scenarios,
skydiving, and emergency procedure training in ISU’s VRAC/C6 virtual reality environment.
- Discussed operational control panel design, decision analysis, unconscious bias, personal and team leadership development,
space physiology, and payload and science operations with research and industry leaders at NASA and Iowa State University.
- Vermeer International Leadership Program (VILP) 2018 - 2019
- Selected as one of twenty participants for the program hosted by Iowa State University and graciously funded by
- Enrolled in LD ST 322:Leadership Styles and Strategies in a Diverse Society during the Fall 2018 term.
- Develop a better understanding of my personal leadership philosophy through True Colors® and Strengths Finder® assessments.
- Reevaluate the values which support my decision making and top leadership qualities.
- Implement knowing, being, and doing leadership components as well as other lessons from Exploring Leadership by Komives, Lucas, McMahon.
- Enroll in LD ST 360x: Cultural Competency and Global Leadership during the Spring 2019 term.
- Develop into an effective team throughout the year, interview industry leaders, and seek leadership mentoring.
- Learn about Vermeer’s global leadership during a program trip to Vermeer Corporation’s European headquarters in the Netherlands.
- NASA National Community College Aerospace Scholar
- Designed a Mars mission and 3D rover model to collect data on pit craters
surrounding Arsia Mons.
- Selected as one of forty students to attend Marshall Space Flight Center based on the quality of my Mars mission and rover design.
- Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium 2014
- Presented my work on Predicting Reliable Landing Times and Initial Velocity for a Lander in a Two-Body System
at both poster and oral presentation sessions.
- DMACC Honors Program
- Graduated from the DMACC Honors Program in the fall of 2014.
- Earning 1st place for best honors project.
- DMACC representative at the 2013 National Collegiate Honors Council Conference in New Orleans.
- Cambridge Science Festival
- Volunteered for the MITxMAKE, Robot-stravaganza! Live Show & Podcast Recording from Brains On activities!
Spit for Science and Nose Pick for Progress: The Human Microbiome Comes Alive at Forsyth, and lead a paper rocket build and launch activity.
- Vermeer Charitable Foundation Scholar 2014
- Leadership Iowa University 2013-2014
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- PADI Open Water Diver Certified
“Try to be one of those on whom nothing is lost.” - Henry James